The last thing the Goth kids want to be is conformists; as a result, these "nonconformists" listen to the same music, dress in the same clothes, and act the same. They consider their only purpose in life to make life more miserable for the conformists. They also hate douchey Vampire Kids, who they accuse of stealing their style. They also have a band.
They usually hang out behind South Park Elementary and smoke cigarettes or dance, hang out at Benny's or the Village Inn and drink coffee, or write poems in Henrietta Biggle's room. They never go to class, though they have been seen inside the school, and nothing pisses them off more than being referred to as 'Vampire Kids' or 'Emo' kids, and often accuse the conformists of being 'wannabe' Justin Timberlakes or Britney Spears.
The group's members include Michael, the tall Goth, Pete, the 'Hair Flip' Goth, Henrietta Biggle, the 'Goth Girl' and Firkle Smith, the 'Little Goth'. Despite their cynical attitudes, they do care about each other -- like lying about how Henrietta changed cliques so easily during the Emo invasion.
Stan became a goth kid for a while at Kyle's suggestion after his breakup with Wendy, and was assigned the goth name Raven. He later left the group after hearing a touching speech from Butters Stotch, though they keep in contact from time to time.
- ”If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do.”
- Raisins (s07e14; debut)
- You Got F'd in the A (s08e05)
- Goobacks (s08e06; cameo)
- Quest for Ratings (s08e11;cameo)
- Best Friends Forever (s09e04)
- Erection Day (s09e07)
- Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09)
- The Ungroundable (s12e14)
- Mysterion Rises (s14e12)
- Coon vs. Coon and Friends (s14e13)
- Butterballs (s16e05; cameo)
- Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers (s17e04)
- Black Friday (s17e07)
- A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)
- Titties and Dragons (s17e09)
A significant quest in the game involves courting the Goth Kids' allegiance and choosing whether to bring them to the Humans or the Elves. The player must find them behind the school, then learn to dress like them and dance like them to win their friendship. They then join the player's chosen race in the Battle at the School.
Behind The Scenes
- Matt does the voice of Tall Goth Michael. Trey voices Hair Flip Pete and Edgar Allen Poe... aka "Night Pain".
- Like Ike Broflovski, Little Goth's voice has been done by a number of children over the years -- usually it's done by a staff member's kid.
New Goth Kids' Intro
"Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" is the first time EVER that the lyrics to the intro song have been changed. Here's the script for the Goth Kids opening, made specifically for this show.
Production Art: Henrietta's Transformation
Check out Henrietta's transformation from Goth to Emo in this character style sheet for "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers". No way... NO WAY!!!
1st Draft of Script
On the 1st Draft of the script for "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers", this episode was originally called "Posers From Beyond". Scripts will often go through multiple title changes during our crazy 6-day production process. You can also see that this episode was written with the idea of being a Halloween-themed show.
Character Art: Emo Firkle
This "emo" version of Firkle went through multiple rounds of changes before it was finalized. If you watch "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers", you'll notice the final version looks noticeably different.